Associate Professor (Prof. Associado) - CNPq Productivity Fellowship (Level 1D)
Address: Room 501 (Institute of Physics / New tower).
Phone number: +55 (21) 2629-5802
CV Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/9863249995224235
* B.Sc. in Physics at the Federal University of Espírito Santo (1997);
* Ph.D. in Physics at the Brazilian Center for Research in Physics (2001).
* Post-doc positions at the State University of Rio de Janeiro (2003), University of Toronto (2005), and University of São Paulo at São Carlos (2006).
* Currently on a Sabbatical period at USC - University of Southern California, USA (until July 2016).
My research focuses on quantum information and quantum computation, acting mainly on the following subjects:
* Quantum information in condensed matter systems
* Quantum annealing and adiabatic quantum computation
* Graduate students: Ivan Coulamy, Paola Obando, Alan Santos, and Jose David Montealegre.
* Post-doc: Jesus Warnes.